Monday, June 29, 2009

It hurts! Make it stop!

On the double disc of Double Indemnity is the 1973 remake of the movie. Oh God it hurt! It was so bad! I will just say a few quick things about the movie. The actors pretty much sounded like they were reciting lines with no acting. There wasn't that seduction between Phyllis and Walter. In fact their romance was just accepted. There was no questioning of what was to happen. There was no tension or suspense. Just a constant rolling of the next scene. COMPLETELY LAME! I do not recommend this one, unless you are a masocist.

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you had to go through that! Most remakes are horrible, but the Double Indemnity one is particularly revolting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re-makes usually make me want to stab my eyes out. I'm certainly not going to bother with this one, then.
    -Andi B. Goode x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't that movie just horrible? I wanted to cry for all the original players for that monstrosity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You forgot to mention Lee J. Cobb showing WAY too much chest. *hurl!*

    ReplyDelete