Monday, February 15, 2010

"Sew What?" Edition 3 Chapter 1

Western shirt for the beau.

You will notice in the post previous to this one that I just aquired a bunch of patterns that I am super excited to start on. Unfortunately, I have been promising my sweetheart a shirt of his own, so before I get started on those, I think I need to start and finish up his shirt first.

I have never made a man's shirt before, so I am a bit nervous. On top of that, it is one size too large in men's sizing so I am going to have to shrink it down some. Before I get started on the actual material of the shirt, which I stil have yet to get, I think it will be saftest for me to do a muslin mock up first. I will be doing all altering on the shirt itself and not the pattern cut out as I don't have one of those handy gride things for sewers.

I think my least favourite part is the pinning, unpinning, repinning... ugh. It is because of this that it usually takes me 4 weeks to do a 1 day job. In fact, I actually started to cut this pattern out about 3 weeks ago. I decided that I should fly with the excitement of the new patterns and finish cutting out the muslin for Perry's shirt. I am happy to say that the pattern is officially cut out and now I am ready to start sewing the muslin mock together.


For those curious, I am making version C. Not sure of the colors yet though... maybe a cream with dark olive yolk and black trim?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I KNOW you aren't using the original pattern. You should be ashamed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a*d*d... I just hope it looks that good when I am finished!

    Amy Jeanne... Hahaha I soooo am. I am too lazy to remake a pattern. LOL

    ReplyDelete