Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Well, Where have you been?

I'm not pregnant... the coat just makes me look that way. That and my winter weight. LOL

Hello my Cherries! I have been wanting to do a post for awhile now, but unfortunately my computer got sick and just now found it's way on the mends!

I know that there was so much I wanted to post, but now I can't remember so this will be a short highlights post.
For Christmas my fella came home for a visit. He has been working back in Wisconsin since October, so it was wonderful to have him back. Even if it were just for a few days. Neither him or I really get into the holidays that much so it was a quite morning at home. We then took a motorcycle ride up South Mountain. We were surprised how many people had the same idea as us.  Afterwards we came home for dinner and enjoyed the early evening. Later in the nighttime we headed out to the local Rhythm and Blues bar to see some friends play that evening. Perry hadn't seen his friends in awhile so he was excited to do so.
2 tired peeps.
I took some pictures of my outfit from the evening, but they really didn't turn out and I looked rather poopy. My hair had fallen flat and I just looked cruddy. These pictures are partially why I decided to cut off 3 inches of my hair.


The following day we did some shopping. Perry needed some pants so we found ourselves in Dillards were I got 2 great pairs of shoes.

One pair was on clearance and I thought they looked 20's/30's ish. The second pair I fell in love with right away, even though I have to wait til the summer to wear them! I thought the sandals were very Ginger Rogers. I had to have them. they too were on sale. Imagine my surprise when I was flipping through an old girlie rag from 1941 only to see the SAME SHOES!! Well, almost the same... the 41's were closed toed and mine are opened, but still! Yay!

Other than that not much has been happening. I've become a bit of a hermit and haven't gone out much -- if at all. So to sum up this post it would be -- My fella, shoes, and haircut. Yay...?

8 comments:

  1. oh my gawwwwd, you look so glamourous in that last picture. Truly, like a real-life vintage starlet snapped on her day off. Flawless. Those are awesome shoes, too. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You my Dearest are too kind! Thank you. I'll credit the glamour to the coat. :-D I am most excited about the sandals. I can't wait to get my feet in those! The others I couldn't pass up. They were 16$ Who knows if I will ever wear them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking beautiful,try not to stay away too long

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lady! I'll try not to, hopefully I won't have any more computer issues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you guys had the perfect Holiday in my opinion. Oh man a distance relationship is tough...I'm have a 2 hour distance relationship and thought that was bad....hopefully he won't be gone for much longer.

    MaryD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering where you were and I'm glad you're back. Looking picture perfect as always xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear from you! Glad you are doing well and I love the score of shoes!

    xoxo~Syd

    ReplyDelete